This business is headed up by a passionate, dynamic director who comes from Project Management background and successfully set up a business 7 years ago. The company offer design and construct (inhouse) services to a list of repeat clients delivering modern workplace solutions to the commercial sector and new build hospitality, educational and commercial offices
Culture / Benefits
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a thriving business under a passionate and very astute Managing Director. Recently they have added a middle management layer and business development manager to assist with forwarding growth plans.
The company promotes inclusion and diversity, has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, offers free breakfast and lunch to staff and gives back to the community through regular charity events.
Reporting into an Estimating Manager you will become part of a team of 3 Estimators responsible for preparing competitive tenders and design and construct bids which accurately reflect the requirements of the tender documents.
As an estimator you will be required to work across multiple tenders at a time ranging from $1M - $20M
The Estimating Manager has a plan in place to retire by the end of 2020, the idea will be for this position to progress into that role.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Review tender and contract documentation
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client requests for Information.
- Prepare tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- Degree within Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Understanding of quantity surveying, project management and architectural principles
- Understanding of market trends for material and labour costs. +
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience in using Buildsoft and Procore