The primary purpose of the role is to manage the planning and coordination of activities within defined requirements related to the construction program for a package of works within a Sydney Metro project.
The role provides management, professional and technical guidance in the demolition, construction and tunnelling aspect of the works, and monitors activities to ensure that works are delivered to the required standards and in accordance with safe work methods and environmental practices.
The role will manage and work with contractors and service providers to deliver the Works in a collaborative and cooperative manner, to support subsequent construction activities and to ensure the timely and effective delivery of the project.
- Participate in the conceptual development of plans and designs and manage organisation, scheduling, and implementation to ensure the Works are safe and de-risked through innovation and expertise in planning, design and delivery methodologies
- Manage and direct activities to provide the tunnel infrastructure over a 100-year design life required for conveying passenger rolling stock
- Monitor the effects and significances of, but not limited to, noise and vibration, air quality, traffic and transport, heritage, waste, water and energy management to minimise impacts on the environment
- Plan and organise schedule of works to minimise disruption, delay and inconvenience to the affected public, road and public transport users, adjacent businesses, stakeholders and the community during the performance of Contractor activities
- Track and control construction schedules and associated costs for achieving project completion within the budget and time allotted, and value for money outcomes when viewed on the basis of effective risk management, certainty of delivery and whole-of-life cost
- Oversee planning and schedule for the commencement of tunnelling works and progressively hand over the completed portions of the Works on time and to the defined requirements to support the timely completion of the project
- Engineering tertiary qualifications with extensive project management experience and a proven record of “on time and on budget” project delivery of large scale infrastructure works in an urban environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure of public and private transport industries in NSW, associated legislation and safety standards
- This position is identified as a Rail Safety Worker (RSW)