- Great Culture
- New role, Chance to set up safety systems and mould the company
- Grow with the company to reach your potential
We are currently working in partnership with an up and coming national refurbishment contractor who have been operating in the Australian markets for the past 6 years and are growing within the Sydney Market. With strong relationships with well-known desirable clients they have completed projects across a variety of sectors including commercial, retail and industrial up to the value of $30m.
They have grown year on year since their inception and have a young, dynamic and forward-thinking workforce. Due to a change in the company structure they are looking to bring on a Safety Officer for the first time.
It will be your responsibility (liaising with a Health & Safety Manager) to set up safety systems across the company as it goes and starts to take on more sizeable projects. Reporting directly into the Health & Safety manager of the company who is based out of state, you will have high levels of autonomy to complete the job in the way you see fit
As this is a new position for the company and there is limited current WHS processes in place, they are looking for someone who is either an experienced Safety Officer for their current company or someone who has previously entered contractors and set up their WHS systems for them. It will be your responsibility to make sure that the regulations are taken on by the employees of the company and maintained on site.
- Managing and administration of safety systems
- Driving a safety focused culture
- Undertaking audits to ensure compliance with OHS, Injury Management and QA policies and procedures.
- Input OH&S data into Incident Management System
- Conduct Risk Assessments and drive risk control
- Strong ability to understand and interpret policies
- Develop and execute best practice and stay up to speed with industry legislations.
- Experience in Integrated Management Systems & full knowledge of ISO9001 & AS/NZ4801 standards
- Cert IV Work Health & Safety
- Training & Assessment Cert.
- Ability to undertake internal auditing
- Excellent written skills & experience in writing policies & procedures
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word & Excel
- Knowledge of environmental compliance
A lot of company say that they offer work life balance and they can offer something different, what makes this company stand out is the people in it. They have an open-door policy with the directors of the business always on hand to handle any questions.
If this sounds like an opportunity you might be interested please call John Ainge on 0400 516 014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org