Our client is a state wide Government organisation within the Transport sector who have identified an immediate requirement for a Project Officer to work on a 6 month contract basis to assist across a number of their Road and Bridge projects in their Southern region.
The position will involve providing support in the identification, development and delivery of nominated Network and Safety programs and projects in accordance with time, cost, quality and scope requirements.
You will be expected to provide timely and accurate monthly updates, forecasts, performance reports and other reports to ensure the progress is monitored on the development and delivery of nominated projects in the regional traffic and road safety program. In addition to this you will be involved with identifying & developing nominated infrastructure programs and associated projects to the required time, cost, scope and quality outcomes providing value for money and fulfilling the agreed road safety and traffic outcomes.
- Possession of formal qualifications to at least diploma level in civil/structural engineering, construction management, surveying, quantity surveying, project management, or certificate IV trade qualification in a construction or building related area; and/or strong background in civil construction.
- Ability to apply contract and project management procedures and principles required for the identification, development and/or implementation of road projects.
- Knowledge of the application of quality assurance, WHS and environmental management and systems in construction industry projects.
- Experience in the use and application of computerised techniques for project and information management with the ability to produce status reports, including financial, project and program status reports.
- Proven ability to work independently and contribute effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong communication skills, with proven experience in negotiation and consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven analysis, conceptual and problem solving skills with initiative and flexibility
- Knowledge and experience in the technical/environmental aspects of construction industry projects in one or more of the following areas: project management of road/bridge infrastructure, bridge/road design, construction management and planning, engineering surveying, quantity surveying and estimating
For more information please call Rory on 0428 026 703 or email Rory.Todd@cgcrecruitment.com