The primary purpose of the role is to project manage the delivery of construction activities within the Sydney Metro City and Southwest project. It is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team for the works package delivering one of Sydney Metro’s Integrated Infrastructure Developments.
The role provides management and technical input in the construction of the works, and monitors activities to ensure that works are delivered to the required standards and in accordance with safe work methods and environmental practices.
The role will work with tier 1 contractors and service providers to deliver complex works in a collaborative and cooperative manner, to support subsequent construction activities and to ensure the timely and effective delivery of the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project.
- Provide project management and technical capability to project manage the delivery of rail infrastructure works.
- Lead on ensuring the safe delivery of the works.
- Manage the schedule of works to optimise safe and timely delivery and minimise disruption delay and inconvenience to stakeholders.
- Track construction schedules and associated costs for achieving project completion within the budget and time allotted, and value for money outcomes when viewed on the basis of effective risk management, certainty of delivery and whole-of-life cost.
- Monitor the effects and significances of, but not limited to, noise and vibration, air quality, traffic and transport, heritage, waste, water and energy management to minimise impacts on the environment
- Identify and manage risks associated with the delivery of construction activities, ensuring project performance monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to procurement requirements, tender assessments and evaluation to support the management and administration of the contract, approved proposed variations and resolution of contractual disputes.
- Minimum 10 years Project Management experience within the construction industry.
- Private Sector and Client Side experience required
- Experience with Track, Overhead Wiring, Power, Rail Systems, Tunnels and Fit Outs