The primary role of Project Manager – Infrastructure is to manage the Investigative and Infrastructure aspects of the Business Case and subsequent phases to support the Circular Quay Precinct Renewal (CQPR) project.
The role provides management and technical input, will ensure all design and engineering work delivered is of high quality, meets customer and transport product requirements, integrates effectively with other transport
modes, incorporates master planning principles and practice.
The role will work with service providers and CQPR Stakeholders in a collaborative and cooperative manner to support development of Strategic and Final Business Case for CQPR project.
- Provide project management and technical capability to deliver Infrastructure Work stream activities in contributing to the Business Case
- Managing and driving the delivery of the Planning, Environment and Sustainability Work streams in contributing to the Business Case which includes undertaking all statutory planning and sustainability activities as well as securing and coordinating a third party services provider in subsequent activities;
- Track schedule of activities and associated costs for achieving project completion within the budget and time allotted, and value for money outcomes when viewed on the basis of effective risk management, certainty of delivery and whole-of-life cost.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the delivery of activities, ensuring project performance monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to procurement requirements, tender assessments and evaluation to support the management and administration of the contract, approved proposed variations and resolution of contractual disputes.
- Provide technical, design and engineering expertise to ensure the project is capable of managing key technical risks, and meets all regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Review design documentation to identify issues and facilitate technical solutions to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory standards and regulations
- Ensure safety has been addressed through all design phases and that a safety validation is undertaken of any changes to designs that may impact safety performance
- Monitor environmental impact of designs and engineering so those designs contribute to environmentally sustainable outcomes and address environmental legislation
- Assisting the Project Management Office’s contributions to business plans, budgets and risk management plans, consistent with overall Division and Corporate Plans and report as required on PM – Infrastructure activities, performance and issues;
- Interfacing with third parties including relevant operators and maintainers, RMS, Utilities, City of Sydney, Private residents regarding obligations and impacts to assets and services/operations;
- Providing expertise and comment on marine and maritime matters related to the project;
- Managing Quality by the provision of expert advice to internal staff, AEO’s and contractors to ensure compliance with, and support of, TfNSW quality management policy.
- Lead the development of presentation materials for key stakeholders, and other administrative tasks as required
- Experience in the management of the investigation works, third party agreements in addition to planning and environmental process and approvals of large complex infrastructure projects