CGC are working with one of Sydney’s premier builders to recruit a Project Engineer. This builder turns over in the vicinity of $300M working in Sydney and 4 other regional hubs in NSW. Average projects range from $30M - $50M with capability up too $100M.
Well known for operating in the Commercial, Educational and Age Care sectors but also regularly take on projects in challenging and technical areas so that their employees are constantly learning new skills.
Culture / Benefits
Due to their impeccable reputation, this builder has enjoyed high staff retention and rarely goes to market to hire staff. Their success is largely due to the founders and senior managements continued philosophy based on transparency and collaboration. Staff are not worked into the ground, are rewarded with industry leading salaries and are keep informed of the company’s vision and plans
About the position:
Reporting into a Project Manager the Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and timely coordination of design and day to day on site coordination of sub-contractors to achieve project milestones. This position will be based on a $100M educational project.
This will involve:
- Plan and schedule of day to day site activities in conjunction with the Site Manager to ensure project milestones are met
- Review engineering /design deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Do checks for quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Overseeing RFI’s and EOIs
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.