- Work under an astute, passionate senior management team with clear direction
- Opportunity to move into Construction Management within 12 months
- Focus on Fitout / Reburb projects in NSW
- This builder is a design-driven construction firm with offices in Sydney and Brisbane, turning over in excess of 100M nationally
- They pride themselves on working a little differently to their peers by investing time in the front end of the process to achieve better efficiencies for their clients
- They have built a solid reputation in sectors that include commercial, industrial and government. Projects typically valued from $1M - $10M
- The business is headed up by an industry leading management team who come from a tier one and two background
- The company is profitable, isn’t signing up unrealistic, underquoted projects and is wining work with good profit margins
- You will be working under a veteran in the NSW market who has an unprecedented reputation and who will provide the relevant training and mentoring to reach the next stage in your career.
- Reporting into the Sydney based GM and Director in QLD you will be responsible for the delivery of 2-3 projects whilst helping to grow, train and mentor your team.
- You will lead a site-based team of construction staff and will need to be a motivated individual with outstanding leadership capabilities and industry knowledge
- We are looking to chat with people who have strong networks in the NSW market and can foster strong client and subbie relationships.
- This will be a client facing role and the ideal person will have a good name in the fitout/refurb and be able to long term bring in work.
- Autonomous delivery of construct only and/or design and construct fitout/refurb projects
- Leading and managing teams of construction professionals including mentoring, training and performance management;
- Key stakeholder management and client focus;
- An understanding of building methodologies and current industry best practice;
- Programming skills utilising MS Project;
- Understanding of current QHSE Act and Legislation;
- Quality management and continuous improvement practices and processes;
- Monthly commercial reporting, progress claims and variations;
- Effective implementation and knowledge of AS Form of Contracts;
- Negotiation and dispute resolution skills;
- Have completed a tertiary qualification in construction/project management / civil engineering
- Have demonstrated experience working with tier one or two builders as a Construction Manager or Project Director and be able to demonstrate leading multiple jobs / delivery teams concurrently
- In depth understanding of corporate values, policies and procedures.
- Possess excellent commercial awareness with strong relationship building, influencing and negotiating skills
All applications are confidential