- IMMEDIATE START - 3 month contract
- Pay Rate: $55.67p/h + Super
- Located in Parramatta, currently WFH
Our client is the primary environmental regulator for New South Wales. They work to protect our community and the environment as a leader, partner and protector. Their vision is for New South Wales to have a healthy environment, healthy community and healthy business. They believe healthy
ecosystems are the foundation for healthy communities, a healthy economy and for enhancing livability.
• Undertake the evaluation of operational policy and procedures to assess appropriateness, effectiveness and efficiency, and to determine the need for corrective action and review.
• Undertake research, evaluation and analysis to identify emerging issues and prepare recommendations to resolve policy or process issues and inform program activities.
• Communicate with key stakeholders and coordinate working groups, committees and consultations to facilitate exchange of information to support policy and legislative requirements for the delivery of divisional activities.
• Prepare and maintain project documentation for reporting, monitoring and evaluation purposes to ensure accessibility of quality information and contribute to the achievement of project outcomes, and support effective decision making.
• Identify and interpret relevant statutory provisions and prepare clear procedures for staff to provide clarity in the performance of their role.
Experience & Skills Required Experience & Skills Required (MUST)
- Degree in Environmental/Agricultural Science. (MUST)
- Desirable experience with interpreting and working with the Pesticides Act (1999) and Pesticides Regulation (2017).
- Background with agricultural science, in particular, agronomy, agricultural, horticultural farm systems. Vertebrate pesticides , restricted chemical products and Pesticide Control Orders (PCOs).
- Background with Environmentally Hazardous Chemicals (EHC) Act, such as Chemical Control Orders (CCOs), persistent organic pollutants.
- Environmental Risk assessment methodologies.
- Treatment technologies for environmentally hazardous wastes.