A leading provider of outsourced facilities management and maintenance services are looking for a facilities manager to join their team at a prestigious private school in Sydney's upper North Shore.
- Ensure that essential maintenance requirements of the Building Regulations are carried out in accordance with the law.
- Coordinate contractors and vendors supplying construction, maintenance, utilities, grounds and cleaning services, ensuring that all necessary work is undertaken and best suits the needs of the School and at all times ensuring value is obtained.
- Supervise, train and appraise the Grounds and Maintenance teams in conjunction with the Grounds and Maintenance Manager.
- Manage the operational budgets for maintenance and minor capital works, including negotiating with suppliers, issuing purchase orders and authorising subsequent invoices for payment.
- Oversight of security of the buildings and grounds including being the key contact for after-hours security/emergency incidents.
- Design and implement changes to safety and security procedures ensuring effective dissemination of new policies and procedures throughout the School.
- Efficient management of major building and construction projects in terms of budgeting, planning, project documentation, contracts and correspondence.
- Develop short, medium, and long-term preventative maintenance plans for the school whilst ensuring routine work is carried out per the roster.
- Liaise with and support Principal and Chair of the Property Committee, attend Property Committee meetings and take minutes, prepare Property Manager’s report and act on recommendations from the Committee.
- Liaise with outside agencies (including the School architect), government departments, local Council in relation to the specific management requirements of the School buildings and maintenance.
To be successful in this role you will have previous education experience as a facilities manager, ideally you will have experience of capital expenditure programmes and be confident helping to shape long term spending for the estates department.
Please hit APPLY NOW to send in a copy of your CV. Equally feel free to give Oliver a call on 02 8252 4004 to discuss in more detail.