- Work under passionate directors with a clear vision for the future
- Work in an established division with strong pipeline
- Be a part of a collaborative exe management team
The founders / owners of this privately owned builder are passionate, astute leaders who have handpicked their executive management team over the last 5 years and are driving the business forward with a clear 2025 business plan. For over 15 years they have successfully built their company by working with blue chip clients across aged care, government, commercial and residential sectors. Currently turning over approx. $300M and employing a dedicated team of over 100 ppl.
The company currently employs 2 Construction Managers and this position is vacant due to growth and a very health pipeline in the residential division.
Why apply for this role
This builder has been on quite the journey over the last 5 years and is now a major player in the Sydney market delivering large scale construction projects valued to $100M. You will be joining a highly developed executive leadership team who boast successful careers within the mid-tier market and are collaborative and professional.
This opportunity would suit a highly strategic Construction Manager who has been involved from front end design /tenders stages who has strong ties in the residential mid tier construction market
Reporting into the Directors you will be responsible for overseeing approx $150M - $200M or work in the residential division. You will form part of the execute leadership team and work closely with the existing Construction Managers. Project values range in size from $30M - $150M.
Leading a site-based team of construction staff, you need to be a motivated individual with outstanding leadership capabilities and industry knowledge. You must also be able to demonstrate your experience in:
- Autonomous delivery of construct only and/or design and construct residential building projects;
- Leading and managing teams of construction professionals including mentoring, training and performance management;
- Outstanding stakeholder management and client focus;
- An understanding of Building methodologies and current industry best practice;
- Programming skills utilising MS Project;
- Understanding of current QHSE Act and Legislation;
- Quality management and continuous improvement practices and processes;
- Monthly commercial reporting, progress claims and variations;
- Effective implementation and knowledge of AS Form of Contracts;
- Negotiation and dispute resolution skills
Ideal Background / Skills
- Have completed a tertiary qualification in construction/project management / civil engineering
- Have demonstrated experience working with tier one or two builders as a Construction Manager or Project Director and be able to demonstrate leading multiple jobs / delivery teams concurrently on projects valued to $100M
- In depth understanding of corporate values, policies and procedures.
- Possess excellent commercial awareness with strong relationship building, influencing and negotiating skills