- 3 month contract opportunity with NSW State Government
- ASAP start required!!
- Located in Inner West Suburbs
Opportunity to join the NSW Government, in a department that delivers a diverse range of essential services and supports to the community of NSW at the point in their lives where they come into contact with either the criminal or civil justice system.
The Manager WHS has the primary responsibility for managing the Safety team, identifying the need for, and fostering, cultural change and for sustaining a sound safety culture throughout the organisation.
- Lead, develop, implement and monitor key performance measures across all areas of safety
- Monitoring accidents and incidents and develop pro-active approaches to minimise risks and improve performance
- Recommending "best practice" policies and procedures to provide leading edge WHS services
- Develop, implement and evaluate WHS publicity material and training courses
- Undertake best-practice research and special projects across the WHS portfolio
- Ensure functional WHS integration within the broader framework of insurance risk management, workers compensation and occupational rehabilitation
- Provide comprehensive advice and services to all organisational levels
- Provide comprehensive management reports, briefings and responses on WHS performance
- Identify and effectively manage issues relating to the work performance of staff
- Tertiary education in OHS/WHS or demonstrated experience in leading a large team
- Demonstrated understanding of the legislative framework and key policies associated with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Demonstrated experience in providing innovative and best practice programs to improve performance and outcomes in RTW
- Demonstrated people management skills and leading a team
- Eligibility to work full-time in Australia
- Prior experience working in the government or public sector is highly desirable.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES will be contacted.