A long-standing engineering consultancy behind many of the world’s most iconic and technically challenging infrastructure projects.
The key to their success is the specific people they hire; if you are an enthusiastic engineer then this is the place to be. Never opting for an easy project, you will be rewarded with a diverse and interesting career.
They recently opened a new office in the Sydney CBD which they also designed. It is a state of the art hub for innovation and creativity.
The focus of the Track Engineer is to undertake track and alignment design and consulting services for railway infrastructure projects.
Your will enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise, support the track team leader in running projects, and mentor junior team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will work with minimal supervision, referring up as necessary, on works associated with Track Design. In achieving this you will be responsible for meeting deadlines and undertaking high quality designs in your own area;
- You will provide designs and technical advice throughout the engineering process from project inception to delivery, operation and maintenance in business areas such as:
- o Light Rail
- o Metro/Mass Transit rail
- o Metropolitan and Regional Mixed Passenger and Freight Rail
- o Heavy Haul Rail
- o Depot, Stabling and Maintenance Facilities
- o Ports, Coal and Materials Handling Infrastructure
- You will draw on existing experience, and develop through a process of continual self-improvement, to support both the company and their clients with technical expertise in competencies such as:
- o Track alignment design and 3D modelling in a rail design package such as Bentley Microstation, 12D and Power Rail Track
- o Planning, Detailing & Staging of Railway Infrastructure Development
- o Platform Design & Transit Space Requirements
- o Track Design Principles & Trackform Specification
- o Track maintenance & Construction Practices
- o Civil and Earthworks Interface
- o Rail Systems Interface
- Your work will involve small and medium sized projects, as well as being a key member of larger project groups. This will include design, technical documentation, cost estimates, tender submissions, project scheduling and meeting deadlines and budgets.
- You will take a longer term strategic view of the business and contribute to the development plan of the company,
- You will be responsible for executing responsibilities as outlined in the Quality Management System.
- Recognised engineering qualification or preferably degree in Engineering
- Experience and understanding of railway track throughout the engineering process from project inception to delivery, operation and maintenance in business areas such as:
- - Light Rail
- - Metro/Mass Transit rail
- - Metropolitan and Regional Mixed Passenger and Freight Rail
- - Heavy Haul Rail
- - Depot, Stabling and Maintenance Facilities
- - Ports, Coal and Materials Handling Infrastructure
- You will have experience in and be developing from a sound basis of understanding in technical competencies such as:
- - Track alignment design and 3D modelling in a rail design package such as Bentley Microstation, 12D and Power Rail Track
- - Planning, Detailing & Staging of Railway Infrastructure Development
- - Platform Design & Transit Space Requirements
- - Track Design Principles & Trackform Specification
- - Track maintenance & Construction Practices
- - Civil and Earthworks Interface
- - Rail Systems Interface
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies (including attained or working towards Chartered Status, including Technician grades, from the Institution of Engineers Australia or equivalent professional bodies),
To discuss further, please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 – 0282 524 013