The role will provide systems engineering and assurance functions for the branch and wider branch strategic delivery portfolio. The role to will maintain a holistic view business and technology systems and act as trusted expert that will drive consistent systems engineering and assurance methodologies and practices across the Transport cluster.
Technologies dealt with include:
- Control and Monitoring Systems – some PLC and SCADA
- CCTV Cameras and video management
- Network Communications
- Electronic signage and associated control systems
- Adhere to and maintain a rigorous systems engineering governance framework that applies best practices and industry leading methodologies, and supports projects in delivering outcomes that are safe, reliable and fit for their intended purpose.
- Deliver to a consistent and trusted systems engineering approach to project, product and service delivery, transition, and support, that enables the delivery of the strategic portfolio and roadmap, and integrates to scaled Agile project practices.
- Provide oversight, expertise and support to ensure adherence to systems engineering governance and delivery practices, including reporting, tracking, risk management, resolution, escalation and continuous improvement.
- Act as an internal consultant in relation to the systems engineering processes and develop effective
working relationships with internal and external project stakeholders to facilitate engagement and
contribution to projects.
- Undertake systems engineering activities throughout the project lifecycle as required by project leadership and management – delivering all necessary content and artefacts including defining and
scoping customer needs, required functionality, system specifications, structured system hierarchies, concept of operations, validation and assurance, and that all project documentation is collected and
- Maintain a holistic and comprehensive system view that factors in all aspects of technology requirements and business operations, that in turn enables greater business successes, customer outcomes and longer-term sustainability for Transport.
- Other duties and tasks relevant to the role, and as directed, that contribute to the achievement of business outcomes