The role of the Surveillance Officers will be to provide efficient and effective support to the Project Engineer, Construction Manager, and Senior Project Manager including the following:
- Assist the Project Team in planning programs of surveillance, including identification and review of non-conformance issues, resolution of Request for Information (RFI) and providing subsequent advice to ensure the consistent application of surveillance policy, practice and standards;
- Participate in the assessment of project documentation such as: Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Environmental Management Plans (EMP), Environmental Work Method Statements (EWMS), Traffic Management Plans (TMP), Traffic Control Plans (TCP) and other planning documentation to ensure that contract documentation is accurate and robust;
- Assess and report on the implementation of plans on site and on contractor performance to ensure that management plans for construction site are appropriately implemented
- Manage routine surveillance activities and maintain detailed site records of work performed to assist with contractual claims i.e. variations, extension of time, delay claims, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking surveillance on Rail Demolition projects.
- Significant experience at the site supervisor/surveillance officer level with previous experience in surveillance for civil infrastructure projects.
- Must have own vehicle as this will be needed travelling between sites.