The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical and on-site advice to support the project managers in the design and construction of work packages for the Project, ensuring completion to required standards and specifications within time and budget constraints.
- Support and promote on-site safety, leading by example and demonstrating alertness against potential safety hazards
- Manage parts of construction projects within the relevant work package to assist the Project Manager and Project Engineer in the delivery of plan, schedule, milestones and key deliverables
- Assess and report on the implementation of plans to ensure that management plans for sites are appropriately implemented
- Undertake routine site activities and maintain detailed site records of work performed and construction activities to ensure all works are carried out in accordance with contract documents
- Review and check technical designs and drawings and oversee building and construction work to ensure that designs are followed correctly and provide technical information for monthly reporting purposes
- Provide timely and accurate incident reporting and assistance on-site during an incident, and monitor and control risks ensuring adherence to Sydney Metro’s risk management plan (RMP)
- Monitor progress of works, including the identification, recording and archiving of non-conformance issues
- Undertake defects inspections and assist the Completions Team and Independent Certifier in the commissioning and handover processes and procedures
- Support the Project Engineer in the assessment of financial claims and variations from the Contractor
- Prepare regular reporting on project specific quality and environmental issues to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and plans
- Support safe, successful and compliant quality outcomes, including the collection and preparation of project information for ongoing reporting
- Undertake project contract administration duties as assigned
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated design and/or construction with Tier 1 building and/or infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge and experience of construction principles including technical aspects of materials, equipment and safety in construction.
- The ability to read and interpret technical specifications and design drawings (including Building Services and Architectural Specifications)
- Experience in building fit out and finishes is highly desirable
- Willingness to undertake weekend work if required