Our client is a well-structured mid-tier builder that has a strong presence in the Canberra and Sydney market and proven track record for delivering complex projects. Projects range from $20M - $200M and are within the commercial, retail, residential and government sector.
About the position:
Reporting into a Project Director and working alongside a large team of existing Site and Project Engineers you will be responsible for helping deliver approx. $80M worth if upcoming works on the centre
This will involve the conversation of a carpark into a large retail space, complete refurbishment of a department store and external works.
This will involve:
- Planning and scheduling of day to day site activities in conjunction with the Site Manager to ensure project milestones are met
- Review engineering /design deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Doing checks for quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Overseeing RFI’s
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
This business has systems, procedures and processes that you would expect to see working in a tier one however a flat enough structure of a tier to that they are able to provide flexibility and agility when delivery projects.
You will be joining an experience team on an interesting job, this project will go into major construction within the next 18 months, anyone joining the business now will most certainly be offered senior positions as the project progresses
Salary will be dependent on experience however likely to be between $150,000 - $170,000
- Construction Management or related degree and min 5 years’ experience
- Strong technical building/design knowledge working with tier one or two builders
- Demonstrated leaderships skills and ability to work in a team environment