Our client is one of Australia’s largest privately-owned construction companies who turn over in excess of $800M and have a combined workforce of over 400 people that deliver works within federal, state and local governments as well as private institutions and blue-chip corporates.
Work at hand includes large retail developments, several large school Projects, health centres and a new hotel however.
You'll work in a busy and vibrant office with a professional and dedicated team who collaborate to achieve a quality build. They provide an industry leading culture that is flexible and relaxed. The company is in a strong financial position with all the projects under construction in profit. The senior management do not take ill-advised commercial risks which results in a harmonious environment for the project team
About the position:
Reporting to the Project Manager the Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and timely coordination of design and day to day on site coordination of sub-contractors to achieve project milestones. This project is based in Sydney’s inner west and has an approx. value of $165M
This will involve:
- Planning and scheduling of day to day site activities in conjunction with the Site Manager to ensure project milestones are met
- Review engineering /design deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Doing checks for quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Overseeing RFI’s and EOIs
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Construction Management or related degree and min 5 years’ experience
- Strong technical building/design knowledge and experience working with tier one or two builders
- Demonstrated leaderships skills and ability to work in a team environment
For more information on this role please call Carmel Jones on 0428 433 876 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication will be private and confidential.