- Opportunity to move into a Estimating Manager long term
- Price multi-use residential and smaller commercial projects
- Collaborative management team
Medium sized builder that specialises in high end multi-use residential, commercial and industrial projects valued to $50M. Currently they employ a dedicated team of project managers, site managers and inhouse designers and engineers that offer tailored and personalised service to a repeat list of clients and developers
Due to planned growth, we are helping with the recruitment of a Senior Estimator to join the team. Working closely with the Senior Management you will be responsible for leading all tenders and submissions, bring all the moving parts together whilst working closely with management to improve systems.
This will involve being able to price prelims, write methodology, put together the programme and bring the full bid together ready for submission.
Due to planned growth this long term objective of this hire will be to move into a Estimating Manager role and grow a team.
Whilst this builder has built a name for themselves in the multi-use residential market they are currently pricing and delivering commercial projects, so residential experience is essential but having some experience in the commercial market is highly desirable
Programs you will use include CUBIC, Bluebeam and Procore
Salary negotiable on experience
Culture / Benefits
The culture throughout this business is one that promotes honestly and integrity. The Senior Managers have created an inclusive and collaborative culture that provides support and flexibility. The managers are always open to new ideas and ways of doing things and employ people that are team players. The company is a service driven organisation that prides themselves on producing a high quality product
Skills and Experience
- Preparing high-quality estimates and tenders for construction projects in sectors including residential, hospitality, education, accommodation, health/aged care & commercial
- Management of tender documentation, receipt of tenders and quotations from sub-contractors
- Coordinating the measurement, pricing and comparative analysis for assigned tenders or negotiated bids
- Producing accurate Bill of Quantities for labour and materials
- Develop accurate scope of works/clarifications/ qualifications to provide the required level of detail to the customers’ requirements
- Coordinating with the Construction Team as appropriate to ensure the best possible tenders are submitted
- 5-10 years of working experience pricing work locally
- Experience working on multi-use residential tenders up to $50m.
- Experience in the commercial new-build sector is highly desirable
- Construction Management degree or other relevant tertiary education.
- Exceptional construction knowledge & a solid trade base in NSW
- Experience with Buildsoft (Cubit), AutoCAD