- Defence works valued from $10M – $50M
- Mid-tier builder with strong systems and good reputation
- Busy pipeline for the 21/22 FY
You will be joining one of Australia’s most recognised names within the construction sector. They are a preferred contractor across defence, educational and institutional sectors whilst also having a strong development arm based here in Sydney. The company have been operating in the Australian market for over 30 years, employs a highly astute senior leadership team and dedicated staff in each state.
About the Position:
An opportunity currently exists for a Project Engineer to join the team in Sydney. You will be joining an established team delivering a pipeline of works in NSW the within the Defence sector. Suitable candidates will have previously worked within this sector, be Australian citizens and have a good understanding of the HOTO process
Salary will be dependent on experience however a guide figure is between $140K - $160K. If you have the relevant experience and want to apply for the role however your salary is higher this will be considered.
Whilst this job is based permanently in Sydney they work with Defence on a national basis. If travel is something that interests you this is a option they would happily encouraged ( please note though this isn’t a compulsory requirement)
Your duties will include
- Coordinate and administer construction engineering activities to ensure that projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Interpret designs for implementation in construction projects.
- Review and improve existing designs, as appropriate.
- Prepare site construction budgets and reports, in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and report to the Project Construction Manager or Project Manager.
- Supervise designated direct labour and sub-contractors.
- Assign work and assist with reviews for accuracy and adherence to required standards.
- Implement company OHS, QA and Environmental management systems.
- Provide direction and supervision for Site Engineers, as required.
- Construction Management or related degree and min 5 years’ experience
- Strong technical building/design knowledge and experience working with tier one or two builders
- Experience working on defence projects is a necessity including full knowledge of the HOTO process
- Demonstrated leaderships skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Australian Citizen with current drivers lic