Having recently decided to expand their design team, my client is an established Design & Construct firm who've been operating within the Australian market for around 10 years.
This expansion is predominately due to an increased pipeline of work coming through on the design front that they're looking to sustain and develop further.
Within the office, the general feel is professional yet sociable. There's a 'work hard, play hard' mentality and, as its a relatively small office who're constantly collaborating on projects, the team often goes out after work to socialize.
My client is looking to bring on a Senior Interior Designer to join their small but growing team. Having recently brought on a Junior Designer, my client is looking for an experienced Designer who is able to run projects from start to finish, and ideally assist in training more junior members of staff.
This role is ideal for you if you're looking to work in a small, relatively fast-paced D&C office, working on multiple commercial workplace fit-outs at any given time.
You'll be supported in your role by a couple of junior designers as well as the Design Director, who is always on the tools.
As a Senior Designer for my client, your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Design Director to run multiple office fit-outs projects
- Mentoring and assisting juniors when required
- Be involved directly with the entire life-cycle of a project
- Ensure all components of the design phases are staying within budget, on time and addressing any design issues if they arise
- Attend client and site meetings
In order to be successful in your application for this role, you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years working locally within the design industry
- Prior experience working within D&C companies
- Proficiency with ArchiCAD (& ideally 3D capabilities)
- Proven experience with office-fit-outs
- A tertiary qualification in Interior Design or an equivalent
- Full Australian Working Rights
How to Apply:
If you believe you'd be a suitable candidate for this position, please submit your application including your CV and Portfolio by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
For more information regarding this role, feel free to call or email Alexandra Lowe from CGC Recruitment on 02 8252 4027 OR email her at firstname.lastname@example.org