The primary purpose of the role is to provide a range of specialist and consulting services to support the development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety systems and governance to ensure the on-going compliance of Sydney Metro (SM) with all relevant health and safety legislative, regulatory and incident response readiness requirements.
Health and Safety Advisors will work on Martin Place, Victoria Cross and Pitt Street ISD Projects.
- Maintain the SM Safety Management Plans (SMP), standards and procedures to comply with relevant national and international standards, meet project and business objectives and ensure a secure, safeworking environment
- Support as required, the Corporate Safety Representative for Rail Safety Worker (RSW) processes including identification, competence assessment, fatigue and D&A processes to manage health and safety, training, competencies and certification for rail safety workers
- Provide health and safety consulting services including specialist rail safety advice and support and evaluating the impact of new or proposed regulations and modifying existing services or procedures as necessary to support compliance assurance and change control processes
- Develop and administer health and safety policies and procedures and ensure alignment with TfNSW standards and policy
- Provide independent verification of health and safety and risk reports / assessments, where required, to identify significant safety concerns, ensure the consistent application of the relevant provisions of the project Safety Management System, verify the suitability of the methodology used, and validate the conclusions and recommendations made
- Provide specialised input to health and safety training requirements including Safety Inductions and Core Safety Competencies to promote safe working practices across SM and provide hands on training where appropriate regarding the PSMP and other safety related programs.
- Play a positive role in supporting the organisational safety culture, which involves promoting and demonstrating safe behaviours and practices, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, reporting accidents and near misses to identify lessons learned and identifying hazards and unsafe acts
If you are interested in a confidential discussion regarding this role, please click "Apply Now" or call 0282524001.