GIS Analyst / Technician
|Job Title:||GIS Analyst / Technician|
|Salary:||$400 - $450 P/d + Super|
|Contact Name:||Spencer Williamson|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2021 16:01|
The Senior GIS Analyst provides specialist services in spatial information systems to support the functions and responsibilities of the ePlanning Branch. The position has specific responsibility for spatial data management, advanced spatial analysis and data publishing in support of the statutory planning and reporting functions of the Department as well as Planning Portal Spatial Viewer and Open Data initiatives.
Details of the role:
Duration: 12 months Initially
Pay rate: $400 - $450 P/d + Super
Location: Parramatta / WFH
• The position holder has a critical and challenging role in contributing to the successful operation of the ePlanning branch and delivery of its annual work program.
• Maintain spatial databases to designated corporate standards to ensure their efficient and effective operation.
• The position holder uses initiative and sound judgement to support the branch work program, including adherence to the department’s quality management systems used for the preparation and publication of GIS data and analyses.
• Provide specialist expertise in the manipulation and analysis of spatial data using ArcGIS software.
• Provide GIS support and advice to the department business areas where GIS resources do not exist, and advice on GIS matters generally to other agencies and local government as required.
• Maintain centralised spatial databases to mandated corporate standards to ensure their efficient operation and reliability
• Produce high quality maps and reports in accordance with corporate standards.
• Provide advanced technical advice to and ‘mentoring’ of planners and (as required) council staff in the use of ArcGIS at the ‘Advanced’ level’
• Assist in identifying opportunities for technological development in the Department’s GIS and web mapping environments
How to apply:
Apply via your preferred job board or contact firstname.lastname@example.org