Our client is one of Australia’s largest privately-owned construction companies who turn over in excess of $800M and have a combined workforce of over 400 people that deliver works within federal, state and local governments as well as private institutions. Covering all basis of commercial construction.
Reporting into the Estimating Manager you will be joining a current estimating team of six estimators. You will be based in their head offices in North Sydney and be involved with assisting Junior team members in the business. With growth internally they have opened a position to be available, Work in conjunction with the delivery team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning and preparation of bill of quantities.
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Preparation of tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- Degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- 3 + years of experience.
- Experience within the commercial sector
- Understanding of quantity surveying, project management and architectural principles
- Understanding of market trends for material and labour costs.
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A strong understanding of BCA requirements.
- Advanced Buildsoft and Microsoft Office
- CGC Recruitment is an established recruitment consultancy specialising in the Construction and Engineering sectors throughout Australia.
- Established in 2010 our team operates in distinct vertical markets within the Architecture, Building, Consulting, HSEQ, Infrastructure, Government, MEP and Rail sectors.
- We have experienced consultants who are embedded in our markets which allows us to offer you quality advice throughout your career journey.
- For more vacancies please visit – www.cgcrecruitment.com
- For a non-committal chat in confidence please call Henry Pham on 02 8252 4026 or drop me an email on email@example.com