Duration: Initially 3 months
Pay: $55 - $60 P/h + Super
About the role:
Undertake diverse day-to-day tasks relating to the application of EPA legislative responsibilities in assigned regulatory area/s involving major issues affecting the EPA and activities relating to other regulatory functional areas, as required by EPA operational priorities.
Identify, assess and make recommendations in relation to the environmental performance of industry, public sectors, landholders and general community.
Assist in the delivery of EPA’s statutory responsibilities and diverse environment protection activities and approaches including handling day-to-day complaints.
Undertake investigations to deliver effective compliance with the EPA’s legislative responsibilities. Undertake regulatory activities including licensing and approvals, review and assess Environmental Assessments for local government areas, major projects, sites and premises in relation to relevant environment requirements.
- Sound understanding of the relevant policies, practices and legislative requirements that govern the EPA’s operations
- Knowledge and experience of one or more environment protection areas, including: air, water, noise, waste, chemicals, hazardous materials, radiation & environmental planning
- Knowledge and experience in applying current environmental legislation, with demonstrated ability to interpret other environmental legislation
- Current drivers licence
- Ability to manage self at an adept level
- Display resilience and courage and act with integrity at an intermediate level
- Capable of communicating effectively at an adept level, including clearing explaining complex complaints and arguments and write fluently in a range of styles and formats
- Ability to influence and negotiate at an intermediate level
- Ability of think and solve problems at an adept level
Apply via your preferred job board - only the most suitable candidates will be contacted.