Due to an increase in workload an immediate opportunity has been created for an experienced Contracts Administrator to work with a Global Engineering company on a one of Brisbane most iconic Infrastructure projects of the last 20 years.
- Deliver post contract administration services fin accordance with project policies and procedures.
- Develop the contract strategy, assessment and resolution of critical and project-wide issues throughout the project life cycle.
- Maintain regular contact with resource users and contractors to ensure all contractual issues are addressed in an effective/efficient manner
- Review changes and claims for the project. Analyse and resolve claims in terms of size and quantum and settle disputes.
- Issuing tender packages to procure subcontractors, suppliers, managing all day to day administration of site reports, time sheets, subcontract invoices, claim registers
- Liaise with colleagues to resolve project-wide issues related to commercial and risk management
- Provide feedback to senior management on critical contractual issues and advise way forward.
- Identify improvement in standard documents and provide feedback to resource managers for new projects
- Conduct tender reviews, contract acceptances, contract reviews
- Undertake adhoc tasks as requested by the Commercial Manager
Qualifications / Education Requirements
- Completed a Tertiary education in Engineering or Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ relevant working experience in contract administration and claims management.
- Self-driven individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, strong leadership and strategic thinking.
- Proven capacity to manage complex situations with solid problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
This is an exciting new opportunity which will involve working in a fast paced dynamic work environment so we are looking for applicants who are self motivated and driven to to active key project milestones working directly alongside the Project Commercial Manage as a key member of the team to ensure outcomes are delivered.
For a confidential chat about this role please call Rory on 0428 026 703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org