A contracts administrator is required to work on a major Sydney infrastructure project for a tier 1 business.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for the provision of commercial support and guidance dealing with subcontractor claims and variations.
This is an initial contract role, therefore you must be available ASAP or within a 1 week notice.
This is an initial short term contract of around 8-12 weeks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing contract administration support for the project, ensuring the effective management of the Contract and the implementation of appropriate governance measures
- Working collaboratively with the Project Team members, suppliers and various stakeholder groups to achieve best for project outcomes
- Review, assess and process payment requests and invoices, undertake regular budget forecasting and cost reporting to manager, assist with negotiation of financial outcomes and obtaining prices or estimates for future works and variations
- Assessing and valuing variations and contractual claims, ensuring that the requirements of the contract are met
- Supporting the identification, reporting and mitigation of project risks, including record keeping of personnel being used on the contract and their qualifications as required under Engineering Authority provisions
- Participating in the performance review and reporting for contractors and PSC’s, thereby contributing to the monthly reporting process, variation and claims reports and audit reviews and
- Preparing, issue and respond to general correspondence in relation to the contract.
- 1 – 3 years + Post Graduate experience (or equivalent experience if the candidate does not have Tertiary qualifications)
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration with specific examples of delivery experience working with claims, variations and budget forecasting
- Demonstrated experience meeting milestone deadlines whilst operating within a cross functional (or internal/external) team environment for a significant project
- Demonstrated experience working independently (self-directed or minimal supervision) to contribute to an outcome of significant relevance to a large project
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- And must be computer literate and have excellent skills in using Microsoft Office packages
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline such as Quantity Surveying or Engineering, or equivalent discipline.
To discuss in confidentiality, please contact Will Gardner on 0435935377 or email email@example.com