- 6-month contract opportunity with NSW State Government
- $43.70 per hour + Super
- Based n Parramatta
- Immediate start!!
Our client is responsible for the delivery of services to some of the most disadvantaged individuals, families and communities; and the administration and development of a just and equitable legal system of courts, tribunals, laws and other mechanisms that further the principles of justice in the state of New South Wales. It also provides services to children and young people, families, people who are homeless, people with a disability, their families and carers, women, and older people.
Primary purpose of the role:
The business support officer provides effective administrative, project and office services support to facilitate the smooth operation of the business unit and the delivery of its services.
- Provide a range of administrative activities, project and office services that contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the team/unit that supports delivery of services to clients/customers
- Manage and process business information in accordance with standards and guidelines to ensure all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible as required
- Use relevant technology to analyse information, prepare documentation and presentation material to support business unit managers and directors
- Implement and maintain effective administrative systems and processes and make recommendations to improve efficiency and better support the business unit in delivering services
- Manage business unit filing systems in accordance with standards and guidelines, by creating, storing, retrieving and tracking files to ensure accuracy and security of information
- Build and maintain relationships with other business areas to effectively arrange and set-up for meetings and manage the flow of business information and activities
- Provide support and assistance to other members of the administration team as required, to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the team
- Provide customer service and reception duties as required, to act as a first point of contact for the business unit to ensure issues are resolved or escalated appropriately
- Eligibility to work full-time in Australia (38 hours/week)
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential, prior government experience is desirable
- Previous project experience is HIGHLY regarded
- Prior experience with systems such as SAP, TRIM, CRM, Concur, Expense8 is ESSENTIAL