- Immediate start for a 3-month contract, likely to be extended!
- Role is completely remote - no requirement to be on site!
- Opportunity with NSW State Government
The purpose of the Assistant Policy Officer is to undertake research, analysis and writing to support the development of policy.
- • Undertake research in assigned areas and scan the external operating context, including the values and nterests of customers and stakeholders.
• Prepare reports on research findings and other written material to contribute to the evidence base for the
development of policy advice.
• Provide assistance in the review and evaluation of policies.
• Undertake assigned project work to facilitate the timely delivery of project outcomes.
• Assist in the coordination of working groups, committees and stakeholder consultations to support
stakeholder engagement in policy development.
• Developing an understanding of the complexities of inter-agency and inter-governmental processes and policy development as well as an understanding of the processes of Cabinet and Parliament.
• Developing an understanding of effective policy development and stakeholder engagement methods.
• Operating flexibly and being adaptable to move across the policy project team
- Eligibility to work full-time in Australia (35 hours/week)
- Extensive experience in research and analysis
- Detailed knowledge of the machinery of Government, including Cabinet and legislative processes and ability to understand and interpret a wide variety of legislation and expertise in policy development, implementation and review