Our client is a state-wide Government organisation within the Transport sector who operate in regional NSW. They work supporting road maintenance and construction projects across the state
The Technical Services Manager role supports the Project Development and Delivery Team by leading the co- ordination, review and provision of technical advice internally and to private sector partners, consultants and contractors, to deliver optimum-quality, effective and cost efficient designs that meet technical standards and are on time and on budget.
- Implement and lead close matrix collaborative relationships between technical services and development, delivery and supporting teams across Infrastructure and Place, ensuring dual accountability, problem solving and project successes.
- Ensure safety has been addressed through all phases of the asset lifecycle and that a safety validation is undertaken of any changes to designs that may impact safety performance.
- Manage the delivery of technical projects by sourcing, deploying and managing technical resources and implementing project management techniques and practices
- Monitor and review the quality and appropriateness of works briefs, technical specifications and specialist technical input to ensure adherence to standards, project outcomes and performance requirements.
- Monitor, review, and advise on the content and quality of designs to ensure the project meets customer and TfNSW standard requirements and integrates with the existing network and local infrastructure.
- Direct and coordinate the management of technical reviews and audits, ensure the consistent application of standards and technical excellence and provide highest level technical advice for improved technical design solutions.
- Provide high level technical leadership and advice to the external design service providers and project teams and provide project coordination, contract management advice, managing and deploying unit resources and developing improved technical design solutions.
- Effective management of risk in the delivery of projects by anticipating and resolving difficult and complex design problems.
- Driving quality design and transport product outcomes for the project by liaising, influencing and working collaboratively across TfNSW and with major works contractors.
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities in a complex environment, whilst ensuring consistent, value for money and timely delivery of engineering and technical services with consideration of cost efficiencies and timeframes while resolving conflicts and priorities.
For further information please contact Will Gardner on 0435935377 or email email@example.com