You have genuine interest in technology and its contribution to society, possess communication and facilitation skills. Ideally you have gained experience in either consulting, financial services or have taken the first steps in the railway track infrastructure industry. You are able to demonstrate a financial appreciation as you will be dealing with major investment projects negotiated at senior levels. A controlled drive and ambition is something we look for, as well as the ability to present a winning proposal both in front of a client and with partner companies.
The position will be based in Sydney, Australia and would require travelling within the Australasian territory on a regular basis as well as to Europe for training purposes.
- 5+ years of experience working in a sales/business development role across Rail/Engineering
- Given the complexity of the projects and the general level of the stakeholders involved you will have a qualification in a related discipline (mechanical/civil)
- Passion to manage customer relationships with senior stakeholders such as technical engineering companies, asset owners end-customers, estimators, purchasers and project managers;
- Knowledge of compliance, risk management and (financial) reporting is helpful as these are important fields in the industry;
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have worked in major engineering companies within commercial roles or with consultants who have worked in advisory roles in designing of public transport projects alternatively in project management roles managing major transit projects;
- Experience with complex negotiations in long-term projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Enjoys working in an small team environment and in a hands-on role;
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and the tenacity to get things done;
- Works collaboratively and develops strong cross-functional relationships in different cultural environments;
- Strong hunger for success, a spirit of exploration and a sense of fun;
- Willingness to travel 40% of the time will be preferred.
Whats on offer?
- A competitive salary in line with function and experience
- Career Progression - This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Internationally owned railway supplier of unique embedded fastening equipment business and be at the forefront of their growth and strategic plan
- Support of an excellent International team throughout the world
- An office in the heart of Sydney, CBD
If you would be interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration