Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity to lead the site surveillance on a major rail project for the utilities scope of work.
Works include major utilities relocations work, so previous SO experience working on large utilities projects in the road or rail network is desired across water, gas, electrical and telco.
To be successful in this position, you must demonstrate solid civil works experience and importantly NSW Government Transport standards (detailed below).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The role of Surveillance Officer will be to provide efficient and effective support to the Project Engineer, Construction Manager, and Senior Project Manager including the following:
- Assist the Project Team in planning programs of surveillance, including identification and review of non-conformance issues, resolution of Request for Information (RFI) and providing subsequent advice to ensure the consistent application of surveillance policy, practice and standards;
- Participate in the assessment of project documentation such as: Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS), Environmental Management Plans (EMP), Environmental Work Method Statements (EWMS), Traffic Management Plans (TMP), Traffic Control Plans (TCP) and other planning documentation to ensure that contract documentation is accurate and robust;
- Assess and report on the implementation of plans on site and on contractor performance to ensure that management plans for construction site are appropriately implemented
- Manage routine surveillance activities and maintain detailed site records of work performed to assist with contractual claims i.e. variations, extension of time, delay claims, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking surveillance on GC21 RMS road and bridge construction projects, including demonstrated knowledge of the safety and environmental issues, and quality systems relating to the construction and rehabilitation of road and bridge works;
- Demonstrated experience in RMS Specifications including but not limited to R44 Earthworks, R11 Stormwater drainage, R53 concreting, R116 asphalting, R50 stabilisation of earthworks, R58 Construction of reinforced soil wall and R132 Safety barriers.
- Demonstrated experience in civil works including inspection of pavement subgrades, concrete works, piling, stormwater drainage, asphalting, utility works, retaining wall construction, testing regimes and release of Hold and witness points;
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking surveillance on the construction of off-site precast concrete structures;
- Demonstrated experience in managing high risk works such as working from heights, working adjacent to utilities, heavy lifts, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation of contract documents, drawings, plans and specifications and to source and analyse information and keep effective records.
To discuss in detail, please contact Will on 0435935377 or 0282524018 or email your resume to email@example.com