One of Australia’s largest privately-owned construction companies who have a strong presence up and down the eastern seaboard, turn over in excess of $800M and have a combined workforce of over 400 people that deliver works within federal, state and local governments as well as private institutions and blue-chip corporates
The Site Manager is being recruited to deliver a $50M educational project. Reporting into a Construction Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the day to day activities are carry out in a safety manner, programme is adhered to and quality maintained throughout the construction phase. The ideal candidate will have previously worked with a tier 1 or 2 builder.
Salary will depend on experience however a figure of up to $180K - 220K is achievable.
You'll work in a busy and vibrant office with a professional and dedicated team who collaborate to achieve a quality build. They provide an industry leading culture that is flexible and relaxed.
The company is in a strong financial position with all the projects under construction are in profit. The senior management do not take ill-advised commercial risks which results in a harmonious environment for the project team
Ideal background / Skills
- Carpentry trade with management/coordination experience
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage sub-contractors
- Ability to interpret drawings and programmes and schedule projects
- Previous experience working with a well-run builder on commercial projects
- Good communication and an intermediate level of computer literacy