With 2 decades of experience and strong foundations in the residential sector our client is now building a strong portfolio in the commercial sector. With work in hand over the next 12 months commercial projects will make up 30% of their turnover.
With recent hires at a senior management level the commercial division within this mid-tier is growing, they will focus on aged care, hospitality and general commercial.
Reporting into the Project Manager you will be required to oversee all day to day site activities ensuring that project milestones are achieved and safety and quality is maintained.
We are looking for a true site manager, someone that can take full control over the project and coordinate and drive trades and site staff. You will have a good understanding of project financials, buildability, and should be able to foresee problems and rectify them to keep the programme on track.
This is a permanent position that will be paying between $150,000 - $170,000.
Ideal background / skills
- Carpentry trade along with tertiary qualifications within building/construction would be advantageous
- Strong buildability knowledge and demonstrated experience working within the tier two market with reputable builders
- Demonstrated leaderships skills and ability to motivate and drive the team / project
- Ability to get the best out of people and promote best practices
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Good IT skills
- You will be joining an established mid-tier builder that have high employee engagement and a hard-hitting senior management team.
- Project teams help manage jobs from strategic planning, through to concept design, construction and post-completion services.
- The L & D team within this builder have just re-developed the training plans that benefit the labourer to general manager and senior management have created clear and defined development plans for each employee to enable clear career direction