The role provides system engineering services and responds to requests for documentation and standards in relation to systems engineering requirements associated with multiple projects across Transport. The role is a technical lead role that supports program and project design to facilitate the development and delivery of solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Prepare assurance documentation covering including Systems Engineering Management Plans (SEMP), and BRS (Business Requirement Specifications) to ensure program and project compliance with engineering standards, specifications and legislative requirements and to assist in the identification of issues requiring resolution which may impact on individual projects or integration with the broader transport system in NSW.
- Monitor the system engineering processes to ensure compliance with relevant standards and industry practices and conform to current safety requirements.
- Identify risks associated with system engineering processes relating to the project and develop appropriate mitigation measures to minimise these risks.
- Regularly review and provide management reports on the status of the system engineering processes to support communication and decision making.
- Act as an internal consultant in relation to the systems engineering processes and develop effective working relationships with internal and external project stakeholders to facilitate engagement and contribution to projects.
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the System Requirement, Safety Responsibilities, Authorities and Accountabilities within the Safety Management System.
- Demonstrate the five ways of leading behaviours to deliver organisational outcomes for our customers, our people and communities for the greater good.
- Develop a sound understanding of the breadth and complexities of the project activities across TfNSW and the operating environment
- Work cooperatively and proactively with organisations interfacing with the project and build solid working relationships and partnerships.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Engineering Discipline and /or equivalent industry experience in Science or Engineering or system engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of System engineering on projects and programs.
- Minimum of 1-2 year of transport industry experience (Rail, Road)
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Development and maintenance of System/ System of Systems model and Model Based Systems Engineering Tool (such as Vitech Genesys, Magic Draw, IBM Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect)
- Development and maintenance of requirement database, change management and V&V management in engineering lifecycle management Tool
If you are interested in a confidential discussion regarding this role, please forward an up to date copy of your resume to Jessica.Howlin@cgcrecruitment.com or call Jessica now on 0282524001.