- Immediate start for a 6-month contract, likely to be extended!
- Role is completely remote - no requirement to be on site!
- Opportunity with NSW State Government
- $67.30 per hour + super
The Senior Policy Officer supports the development of the Electricity Strategy for NSW Government. Provide strategic policy and legislative advice and coordination and undertake complex research and analysis for the development, coordination, implementation and review of policies and legislative frameworks to inform decision making relating to NSW’s Energy Strategies.
• Developing and assessing options for new organizational and regulatory processes in collaboration with SMEs
• Coordinating SME and consultant input into process design
• Drafting of consultation papers, receiving, coordinating and responding to consultation feedback
• Assisting with the design and application of regulation
• Providing support to management, including regular status reports
• Identifying emerging issues and recommend solutions to resolve problems and mitigate risks.
• Building and maintaining positive collegiate relationships with staff and relevant experts and contributing to a professional and harmonious workplace.
- Eligibility to work full-time in Australia (35 hours/week)
- Extensive experience in strategy and/or policy drafting
- Detailed knowledge of the machinery of Government, including Cabinet and legislative processes and ability to understand and interpret a wide variety of legislation and expertise in policy development, implementation and review
- Broad understanding of water issues and relevant policy and legislative framework.