The role leads and directs a team in embedding project management practices into the ways of working in Transport Planning, to facilitate the successful delivery of projects in Transport Planning and improve efficiencies, whilst implementing appropriate controls and project artefacts, and providing assurance on the management and delivery of major projects. This includes leading the development and implementation of core project management functions, as well as other appropriate portfolio management tools used during the development and strategy phase of programs and projects.
The role will also deliver core project management functions include Change Control, Risk Management, Schedule Management, Project Management Methodology, Project Management Plans, Scope Definition, Governance, Strategic Alignment, and Status and Performance Reporting, and Assurance.
- Provide a consistent and transparent approach to the management of projects and programs, embedding this into the ways of working with ongoing support, guidance and training, to ensure that consistency, quality, value for money and rigour is achieved across projects.
- Lead the development of effective project management structures, including frameworks, standards, processes and templates to guide project activities, enable outcomes to be delivered, and ensure alignment with recognised good project management principles.
- Collaborate across TfNSW to leverage existing project management artefacts, and facilitate alignment and consistency with partners and stakeholders.
- Establish continuous improvement processes to ensure best practice and innovative approaches are embedded into the project management functions
- Establish project assurance and health checks on the management and delivery of major projects, including the tools, process and systems required to maintain continuous portfolio wide reporting.
- Apply best practice from industry standard program/project management techniques, including MSP and Prince 2 to ensure successful project development.
- Model collegiate and collaborative behaviours to achieve the greater good for the community, celebrate a diverse workforce, create an environment where people can create and thrive, or support people’s wellbeing.
- Extensive high level skills, knowledge and demonstrated experience in project management, project management assurance and PMO’s.
- Understanding strategic transport planning objectives and deliverables, and finding ways to support through project management ways of working.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.