Senior Heritage Assessment Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Heritage Assessment Officer|
|Salary:||$65P/h + Super|
|Contact Name:||Spencer Williamson|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2021 16:17|
The Senior Heritage Assessment Officer undertakes the assessment of development applications and approval pathways and compliance under the Heritage Act 1977 relating to items listed on State Heritage Register and applications referred under the provisions of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. The Senior Heritage Assessment Officer also provides advice on heritage conservation and planning documents that develop outcomes in accordance with State Government Policy. The role contributes to the delivery of the Heritage Division’s vision of Celebrating, Sharing and Connecting our stories, our history and places in NSW.
• Assess moderately to high complex and standard development proposals in accordance with policies and legislation and negotiate optimal outcomes that meet heritage requirements and customer needs.
Role Description Senior Heritage Assessment Officer 2
• Provide high level advice on the effective management and conservation of heritage items listed on the State Heritage Register. This includes Conservation Management Plans and Conservation Strategies.
• Undertake compliance and enforcement activities relating to the Heritage Act 1977.
• Prepare accurate and timely written reports, submissions, briefing notes and ministerial correspondence on a range of operational issues and ensure documentation is developed in accordance with government protocols.
• Liaise, negotiate and provide feedback to a range of diverse stakeholders to explain Departmental and Heritage Council position.
• Contribute to and implement work strategies to achieve business plan objectives.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of systems, policies and processes and prepare and maintain documentation in accordance with policies and legislation.
• Provide advice and information to stakeholders on emerging project issues and present recommendations to support project delivery in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other project priorities. Provide advice and information to stakeholders on emerging project issues and present recommendations to support project delivery in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other project priorities.
Tertiary qualifications or solid experience in heritage management, architecture, This role will be largely focused on assessments relating to individual buildings, so candiates should ideally come from an archiecture background.
Other candidates with extensive experience assessing developments and a strong understanding of heritage may also be suitable.
Please apply via your preferred job board.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's