This business is headed up by a passionate, dynamic director who comes from Project Management background and successfully set up a business 8 years ago. The company offer design and construct services to a list of repeat clients delivering commercial construction and heavy refurbishment projects valued to $20M
Culture / Benefits
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a thriving business under a passionate and astute Managing Director. The company have approx. $55M of work in hand to be delivered over the next 6-12 months and the team is growing
The company promotes inclusion and diversity, has a professional and friendly atmosphere, offers free breakfast and lunch to staff and gives back to the community through regular charity events.
Reporting into an Estimating Manager you will become part of a team of 3 Estimators responsible for preparing competitive tenders and design and construct bids which accurately reflect the requirements of the tender documents.
As an estimator you will be required to work across multiple tenders at a time ranging from $1M - $20M
The Estimating Manager has a plans in place to retire soon, the idea will be for this position to progress into a senior leadership role
Key Responsibilities will include
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client requests for Information.
- Prepare tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- Degree within Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Understanding of quantity surveying, project management and architectural principles
- Understanding of market trends for material and labour costs. +
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience in using Buildsoft, Cubit and Procore