Opportunity to join not only a great team with exciting, varied work but an industry that is the busiest it has ever been!
The railway sector in NSW is growing exponentially and we are looking for an experienced Senior Category Manager to work client-side with NSW state government.
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio, you will manage the strategic planning and development across a category of spend. This includes the development and execution of category strategies and plans which are aligned to business needs and strategies, supply market management and development, performance and risk management.
The role provides strategic category expertise to sourcing teams and where required, leads end to end high value, complex strategic sourcing activities and/or negotiations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage spend category plans, strategies and frameworks, including market approaches, procurement analysis, supplier development, contract management, performance reporting and evaluation, to optimise value for money outcomes and meet stakeholder needs and expectations across a category of spend,
- Assess supply markets and supply arrangements by analysing market trends, dynamics and opportunities, to support development of market strategies and procurement decisions,
- Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of their category to encourage innovative practices and support delivery of business and policy directions,
- Establish and maintain value-based stakeholder and strategic supplier relationships to ensure that category strategies meet business needs, enhance stakeholder engagement, and both challenge and motivate providers to optimise service outcomes,
- Conduct negotiations on high impact, complex supply arrangements and manage contracts to deliver optimal category outcomes,
- Maintain in depth knowledge of category market and vendor trends and dynamics to develop strategies to maximise the organisation’s influence in the market to deliver organisational and government objectives,
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with the organisation safety management system requirements,
- Proven senior procurement / category management experience, ideally within the railway or a related sector,
- An understanding of NSW Government Procurement Policy Framework and Probity requirements would be beneficial,
- Prior experience working within a NSW Government organisation will be regarded highly.
To discuss in detail, please contact our NSW Government specialist Spencer Williamson: email@example.com