The primary purpose of the role is to develop and manage change to engineering standards relating to Interchanges and Buildings assets across the
TfNSW cluster: including specialist technical advice and technical application including:
- The development of standards documentation;
- Advising on research, development activities, technical risk, asset management practices and assurance processes relating to assets;
- Undertake technical asset integrity, condition and resilience audits and assessments;
- Provide asset management advice to client divisions and undertake necessary investigations;
- Review, assess and report on network performance;
- Contribute towards the technical capability assessment and audit of Authorised Engineering Organisations (AEOs) and development of effective and timely resolutions to issues.
- Provide technical input in identifying the need, developing, updating and contributing towards a range of engineering asset standards and technical activities relating to Interchanges and Buildings to enable Transport for NSW to maximise through asset management principles the safety, resilience, reliability, whole of life cycle cost and operational outcomes of assets throughout the asset lifecycle
- Perform asset management activities in relation to the application of technical authority, to enable services to be offered by AEOs in accordance with TfNSW and Asset Management Branch standards
- Develop, maintain, and provide advice relating to Interchanges and Buildings standards and specifications to enable the safe, reliable, and cost-effective management of assets and an ability to assess and measure the performance of AEOs; in turn, provide advice to AEOs and delivery partners as required, to enable services to be provided that meet defined performance standards
- Assess the benefit and risk implications of changes to standards, technologies, practices, and deviations and as a result assist in the development of proposals and business cases for submission and approval to ensure that the safety and integrity of the transport network is maintained across all modes.
- Monitor, audit and report on the performance of AEOs, identify performance concerns and recommend actions for improvement.
- Assess and advice on concessions to TfNSW standards for infrastructure configuration outside, or operated outside, the conditions specified in TfNSW standards to enable safe and reliable operation when required outside those standard limits, including but not limited to whole of life cost and assurance that risks are still managed So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable.
- Thorough knowledge or awareness of relevant codes of practice, standards, regulatory legislation relating to the operations, design, and maintenance of Interchanges and Buildings
- Thorough understanding of current and emerging technologies relevant to design and/or maintenance of Interchanges and Buildings
- Demonstrated capability in delivering technical advice and directions, performing advanced investigations and analyses, and delivering design and/or investigation projects in a technology-driven environment.