A state wide government organisation for construction and infrastructure projects across the state.
This division focuses on creating the future of mobility in NSW, and shaping a world-leading transport system for our customers and communities.
Primary purpose of the role
The role is responsible for preparing policies, strategies, plans and priorities for integrating Movement and Place in order to improve the road transport network. The position leads the development of multi-modal road strategy, road network planning policies, guidance and programs across the entire portfolio and works closely with Transport for NSW Divisions to develop programs and initiatives for Movement and Place to meet the needs of all customers of the road transport network.
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers.
- Develop guidelines to support the application of Movement and Place across government, and lead cross functional teams and reporting to guide investment decisions and significant infrastructure development proposals.
- Lead the development of integrated strategies benefiting the entire road transport system. Ensure that these strategies both inform and are consistent with Future Transport 2056 and identify solutions to achieve a safer, more reliable, efficient and sustainable road transport system.
- Ensure the effective development of the Movement and Place Framework by working cooperatively with other Transport for NSW Divisions and government agencies, developing network strategies to meet future needs that maximise the value of existing assets and future investment.
- Support the planning of road networks and routes in conjunction with other TfNSW Divisions planning and development teams in the initial phases of major road transport related projects and product development.
- Provide advice on transport networks and systems innovations to ensure transport supports places across NSW. Monitor and provide information and advice on the current and projected required infrastructure for both short and longer term goals, in line with the Movement and Place approach
- Monitor and, if necessary, intervene in the delivery of projects by other agencies to ensure that they are achieving and remain aligned with Transport for NSW and government objectives.
- Support project teams across the Cluster in the initial rollout of the Movement and Place Practitioner’s Guide tounderstand the movement and place approach and how to apply it to a variety of projects, programs and scenarios.
- Manage the development and application of movement and place standards, measures and targets by providing staff with leadership, direction and specialist advice and establishing high level collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Taking a strategic approach to road network planning that ensures a sound basis for sustainable long term growth, improved customer and community outcomes and value for money
- Ensuring a movement and place approach is taken across a broad range of projects across TfNSW and setting up future processes to make it a consistent and universal approach to transport planning.
- Ensuring transport plans are underpinned and informed by robust analysis and modelling
- Managing complex projects that require sustained and focused leadership and negotiating solutions across organisational boundaries
For more information please call Will on 0435935377 or email your resume to email@example.com