- Work under passionate directors with a clear vision for the future
- Able to offer variety across commercial construction, refurbishment and residential projects
- Work under a collaborative exe management team
The founders / owners of this privately owned builder are passionate, astute leaders who have handpicked their executive management team over the last 5 years and are driving the business forward with a clear 2025 business plan. For over 15 years they have forged a successful business career working with blue chip clients within aged care, government, and residential sectors. Currently turning over approx. $250M and employing a dedicated team of 110 ppl.
Why apply for this role
This builder has been on quite the journey over the last 5 years and is now a major player in the Sydney market delivering large scale construction projects valued to $120M. You will be joining a highly developed executive leadership team who boast successful careers within the mid-tier market and are collaborative and professional.
This opportunity would suit a highly strategic Project Director / Operations Manager / Construction Manager who has been involved in bids and tenders that is looking for an opportunity to join a company that can offer an executive leadership position within short timeframes.
- Reporting into the Directors and working in collaboration with other divisional heads you will be responsible all aspects of the bid process assessing the risk, looking at the commercials, value engineering, D&C process, and presentation to clients
- You will liaise and coordinate the internal stakeholders involved to bring the bid together and create consistency across all submissions
- You will work across ECI, D&C, EOIs and JV bids in the commercial, residential and government sectors on projects valued to $120M
- Whilst not the norm this position will also oversee an established estimating team acting as the divisional leader
- You will operate at a strategic level, be able to read between the lines about clients wants and needs and be able to tailor bids accordingly
- This is a senior leadership position that can long term convert into an executive role
Ideal Background / Skills / Knowledge
- Have completed a tertiary qualification in construction/project management / civil engineering
- Have demonstrated experience working with tier one or two builders as a Project Director or come from a delivery background and had several years involved in pre construction and bids
- High level of knowledge / understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- High level of knowledge / understanding of building principles.
- High level of knowledge / understanding of project management principles and varying construction methods
- Understanding of WHS, Environmental legislation and Quality Assurance requirements.
- In depth understanding of corporate values, policies and procedures.
- Possess excellent commercial awareness with strong relationship building, influencing and negotiating skills