Well known client-side transport organisation require a Mechanised Inspection Engineer to join their maintenance division in Sydney.
The core duty of the position is to deliver expert support services to the Mechanised Inspection Review and Reporting team.
To do this you will focus on the translation and interpretation of recorded data from various electrical subsystems in to actionable and coherent information for the companies maintenance, engineering and asset management teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor system performance (including detection rate) in order to identify, propose and implement changes in the Mechanised Inspection System for overhead wire inspection, recording and evaluation functions, equipment and procedures and to enhance the quality, reliability and efficiency of the rail network.
- Provide relevant information to clients and assist in analysing and interpreting order to identify, propose and implement changes in the Mechanised Inspection System for overhead wire infrastructure and asset condition in order to aid informed decision making, including field inspections when required
- Support the efficient operation of the office based system and procedures which support the Mechanised Inspection System process
- Train, coach & mentor Review Analysts and other authorised users on the relevant systems.
- Thorough data analysis and testing and manage reporting to engineering management on matters affecting asset condition monitoring and recording.
- Liaise with rail personnel to arrange authorisation and provide information that will enable routine, emergency and priority maintenance, and inspection programs to be met
- Develop technical standards and provide input into practices and procedures
- Develop post analysis and reporting systems that will enable stakeholders to take appropriate action
- Any and all duties as directed by management from time to time
- Promote a safety and wellbeing culture by observing and applying relevant rules, regulations and instructions, in relation to safety, safe working practices, attendance and Code of Conduct
- Degree qualified in Engineering, ideally Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Strong understanding of rail infrastructure standards and maintenance,
- Storing analytical skills and the ability to produced actionable, coherent information and advice with complex data.
For a full job description and to discuss in detail, please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 – 0282 524 013