This role will offer stability, excellent culture and a chance of upskilling and on the job training to learn other trades including plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry, painting plastering.
Benefits to work for this college -
- Learn from your manager with over 30 years experience of working at the college
- Be apart of an excellent working culture and team that is stable, honest, helpful with a hands on attitude towards their work
- FREE meals everyday and a full on site gym membership
- Upskill your experience with a chance to gain new licenses, attend training courses and learn a new trade
- Perform maintenance requirements as needed. Eg, door repairs, lock replacement, changing light globes, etc.
- Attend to minor building repairs including electrical, carpentry, painting, plastering and minor plumbing, In addition, complete building works as directed whilst the residents are on vacation.
- Check & complete online work requests - Look up maintenance register regularly and complete repairs as required.
- Carry out daily 'walk through' checks of the buildings
- Deliver and collect maintenance materials from suppliers
- Room setup for internal and external conference functions as per event order requirements.
- Ensure a safe working environment according to the relevant WH&S standards.
- Electrical qualification
- Drivers license – Min C Class required
- Previous experience in the building and maintenance industry with the relevant experience, knowledge and skill to be competent in all general repair work.
- Be professional in presentation and attitude at all times and always maintain a professional approach in dealing with Colleagues, Staff and Residents.
- Ability to liaise closely with co-ordinators and project managers & Staff
- Ability to complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner with attention to detail is imperative to the role. Your positive "can do" attitude, customer service focus, an open mind and a willingness to learn new skills are a pivotal requirement.
- Have a reputable work ethic and an ability to complete tasks in a timely manner without supervision.
- Be a team player who is prepared to work towards the common objectives of the organisation
- An ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly and make executive decisions within the bounds of delegated authority.
- Flexible in work attitude and happy to perform minor as well as complex tasks.
- Basic level computer skills to source and print reports electronically.
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Previous experience in a school environment would be beneficial
Only permanent residents need apply