This client side organisation within the transport sector have recently had an increase in their current project portfolio and coupled with an ongoing capital works program, they have identified a number of upcoming requirements for specialist contract staff. One area where they have identified a need for support for an Electrical Diagram Officer to support Engineering and Design projects.
The role will involve Drafting authorized changes to Electrical Operating Diagrams, including but not limited to those held in CAD and Geospatial Information System (GIS) formats.You will be also expected to accurately manage schematic and reticulation type electrical diagrams and related products to required standards.
The key challenges associated to the role will be ensuring the integrity of data within asset information systems given the impact of incorrect or out of date data and timeliness and completeness of service provision in support of Electrical infrastructure configuration change (new or upgraded assets commissioned, network changes, decommissioning, asset disposal).
- Tertiary qualifications (Diploma/ Certificate*) in Engineering, or an Electrical Trade with post trade qualifications, or qualifications in CAD demonstrating a high level of competency, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of engineering software, including CAD, with experience in microstation an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of (GIS) geospatial software.
- Knowledge of electrical concepts and/ or knowledge of configuration management.
- Ability to develop skills in the use of various business software packages.
- Ability to work to schedules and deadlines.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills with problem solving ability.
For more information in regards to this position please call Rory for an informal conversation on 0428 026 703 or email email@example.com