Our client is the leading transport agency in New South Wales and they are currently seeking a Cost Controller on an initial 4 month contract basis, based in the Mascot area or at one of the offices such as Macquarie Park or city.
The primary purpose of the role is to support the cost control function by accurately processing cost data, assisting in the purchasing and payment activities, maintaining integrity of cost information in systems and providing administrative support for cost reporting deliverables.
- Assist project teams and ensure that purchase orders are appropriately approved and are raised against the correct element within the project’s Work/Cost Breakdown Structure
- Maintain the currency of purchase orders including variations updates and proactively manage the closures of purchase orders at the completion of the engagements
- Process invoices and payments for project specific expenditure and operational expenditure, review aged unbilled works and services and ensure that they are followed up, received and processed.
- Update and maintain cost, forecast and other project data within cost management systems, forecasting tools, commercial systems and Equip
- Generate regular and ad-hoc project cost reports and transaction summaries as required from the systems and tools.
- Support the collection, preparation and processing of monthly accruals in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Support the consolidation and review of cost data utilized in project, program, portfolio and management reporting including dashboards presented in visualization platforms
- Create and maintain files and documents in compliance with records management procedures to ensure best practice in enabling information to be efficiently tracked, stored and retrieved.
- Costing/commercial/financial background
- Demonstrated experience managing and updating project cost forecasts
- Demonstrated experience using Excel with an advanced level skillset
- Project experience is beneficial
For more information and to apply please contact Will on 0282524018 / 0435935377 or email email@example.com