Our client is one of Australia’s largest privately-owned construction companies who turn over in excess of $900M and have a combined workforce of over 500 people nationwide delivering works within federal, state and local governments as well as private institutions.
Work in hand next year totals close to $400M with plans to continue to grow the business due to pipeline tenders.
Why people want to join?
Senior Manager are very proud of the vibe that has been created in the office over the last 2 years. They aim to provide flexibility and balance to all staff whether you are office or site based and in return enjoy low turnover. The company are in a very strong financial position with all projects in construction turning a profit and approx. $400M worth of work in hand for next FY
Reporting into an Estimating Manager you will become part of a team of 6 Estimators responsible for preparing competitive tender bids which accurately reflect the requirements of the tender documents.
As an estimator you will not just be stuck in a corner and asked to price BOQ’s, you will visit sites, regularly interact with the clients and work very closely with the delivery teams throughout the construction phase.
This position has come about due to internal promotions and this builder has a strong commitment to training and development.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- Degree within Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Understanding of quantity surveying, project management and architectural principles
- Understanding of market trends for material and labour costs. +
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in using Buildsoft