One of Australia's premier tier one contractors, with an enviable reputation across the railway sector. Responsible for the delivery of major projects and the ongoing maintenance of Sydney's railway infrastructure.
This is an exciting position, and the successful candidate will be utilized across a number of challenging rail projects in Sydney.
Supporting the Superintendent, as Site Engineer you will be responsible for providing onsite engineering services and technical support to ensure short term planning and programming of works is completed in conjunction with the site supervision staff.
- Ensure compliance of the works with technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards and company Risk Management process
- Conduct and administer overall job planning and programming including short range and intermediate activities for maintenance or construction projects for approval by the Project Manager
- Input information and undertake minor design on site and monitor and recommend changes to design details to increase the ease of construction
- Demonstrate financial management skills including demonstrated behaviour in reducing costs and meeting budgets
- Verify subcontractors’ claims and variations
- Undertake cost controlling and estimating as required by the Site Manager
- Maintain drawing register controls for the project
- Implement and communicate risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science or relevant subject
- Minimum 2-4 years’ engineering experience
- Demonstrated OHW / overhead wiring or HV electrical experience
- Construction management and specific technical skills base relevant to program of work and discipline area
- Strong level of planning, development and review of complex projects
- Implementation of a process and/or product system of audits and schedules
- Skill in use of document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance and procedures
To apply for the position of Site Engineer - OHW please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 / 0282 524 013