Senior Rail Communications Systems Specialist required by one of the world’s leading consultancies to work on Rail Communications, Control Systems and Smart Mobility solutions for infrastructure projects in Sydney and Nationally.
Brand new, high-tech offices in the Sydney CBD. The company are regarded as one of the highest performing consultancies in Australia.
They pride themselves on hiring passionate engineers that fit the company ethos, which is to thrive taking on complex, challenging projects. They are also known in the industry for providing a fantastic work-life balance.
Part of the wider rail and rail systems team, the successful candidate will work in a specialist group of engineers supporting the provision of technical, programme and procurement advice and design services to deliver rail communications systems projects.
The team work with clients to advise on all aspects of technology systems, from strategic advisory services through to design and operation. Key areas of focus are fixed and wireless communication networks, communications architecture, real-time information, control systems for many types of infrastructure and Smart Mobility solutions.
- Carry out the following without supervision:
- o Develop strategy, system requirements documentation
- o Understand and meet the terms of client briefing material
- o Develop effective design drawings and documentation
- o Co-ordination of designs with other engineering disciplines, including input to multi-disciplinary co-ordination exercises
- o Development of contract documentation, systems schematics, layout plans and technical specifications for tendering and construction packages
- To act as a leader / expert in at least one key area of Rail Communication Systems
- Manage and deliver a high quality and committed project deliver service to clients
- Perform a variety of roles including strategic advice and technical consultancy
- Establish new clients for the transport business and develop client relationships
- Support bidding and business development activities etc
- Developing and enhancing relationships with clients through project delivery
- Degree or Masters qualified in relevant discipline
- Ideally around 10 years’ relevant experience in communications and control systems and telecommunications systems in a consultancy or public sector environment
- Ability to understand complex issues and capture client requirements
- Demonstrated high level proficiency in a number of the following areas:
- - Backbone data / transmission systems
- - Radio and wireless systems
- - Control systems
- - Buildings and station systems
- - Security systems
- - Trainborne systems
- - Station systems including wayfinding, message boards, CCTV, AV
- Actively seeks to comply with safety issues, regulations and Safety in Design practices
- Broad experience in delivering complex control and communications system projects in the rail environment from feasibility through to detailed design and implementation
Please contact George Hvid to discuss in more detail and for a full position description: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873